The fastest and easiest way to make a great first impression is through your smile. Nothing improves your appearance more than a White Smile! Bleaching is a non-invasive and inexpensive way to improve your overall appearance.
Our office offers two different methods for whitening your teeth. With our in-office bleaching, your teeth are bleached by one of our trained professionals. The process takes approximately 1 ½ hours and results can range anywhere from 1-5 shades lighter. Unfortunately, results vary from patient to patient and we cannot determine ahead of time how white your teeth will get.
We also offer an at home bleaching option, which allows the patient to bleach at home at any time they want and as often as they want. The home bleaching kit consists of custom made bleaching trays and 2 syringes of bleaching gel. With the at home bleaching, the patient can bleach again in 6 months or a year, however much they would like for only the cost of additional bleach. The custom trays are yours to keep.
Please contact our office for prices and availability.
HOW DOES THE BLEACHING WORK?
Teeth whitening is a chemical process in which the peroxide in the bleach breaks down into tiny molecules that are able to penetrate the tooth surface. These molecules are able to breakdown any other molecules inside the tooth that cause discoloration. As a result, the entire tooth is lightened. During this process, the structure of the tooth is not altered and current fillings, crowns, enamel and dentin are not affected or damaged.
HOW LONG WILL THE BLEACHING LAST?
Unfortunately, we are unable to determine how white your teeth will get or how long they will stay that way. Depending on the nature of your teeth, your lifestyle habits and nutrition, your bleaching may last for a very long time or it may need a touch up periodically. Lifestyle habits that affect the bleaching are drinking coffee, soda, tea or wine and smoking.
WILL BLEACHING CAUSE TOOTH SENSITIVITY?
Increased tooth sensitivity can be a side effect of bleaching. However, the condition is temporary and should go away shortly after the bleaching is completed. If your sensitivity lingers, our office may be able to recommend a product to help get rid of the problem.
Please be advised that whitening treatments should only be done under dental supervision. We are trained professionals using industry approved methods and products. Our goal is to meet the specific needs of each individual patient.
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE TO FIND OUT HOW OUR WHITENING TREATMENTS CAN HELP YOU BRIGHTEN UP YOUR SMILE!